The unexposed collective is a platform for active and emerging women and non-binary street photographers in Australia. Australian ex-pats living elsewhere in the world are also welcome to participate. The purpose of the collective is for the unexposed to be ‘exposed’ within the street photography community nationally and internationally.
The collective was co-founded by Julia Coddington and Rebecca Wiltshire - two Australian based street photographers who are passionate about the inclusivity of women and NB people in the street photography genre.
By calling our group a collective we hope to redefine the notion of a collective in street photography terms. The unexposed ‘collective’ is inclusive of all genders but will feature and promote work by women and NB people.
We aim to:
- increase the visibility of women and NB people in the street photography community in Australia as well as internationally
- build an active and engaged community of street photographers within Australia and the international context
- create a supportive and collaborative community for women and NB street photographers
- learn from each other and improve the quality of our work
- share information and resources relevant to street and women/NB people in street photography
- provide opportunities for gatherings where we can meet, shoot together and learn from each other
Our platforms include our Facebook group 'unexposed collective' and Instagram @unexp_collective